Are you one of the many people while showering notice small black/gray spots on the caulking of your bathroom/shower? You attempt to clean the sports off with normal household cleaner but with little success. You try your very best to get rid of that because it looks very ugly. The main problem is that it is not only ugly but it can cause health problems for you and your family. You may ask how can a black spot is harmful? This could be the start of mold problem form increased moisture in the bathroom.
Mold is the most unwelcome element in bathroom but the fact is that mold grows in many bathrooms. Bathrooms are the perfect breeding ground for molds. How can you remove the molds from your caulking? You can mix some mold cleaning disinfectant with water and clean the area with a soft cloth or brush. Another thing you can do is remove the affected part of the caulking. But the best way to remove mold from caulking is to remove the entire caulking and replace with fresh caulk.
The best practice when you identify you may have a mold related issues is to inspect for any leaks or problems with humidity and identify the reason for the mold. There are some things that you can do to prevent mold growth in your home.
- After bathing clean the caulking and wall with water to minimize oil and soap residues. Because soap residues is the food for mold to grow.
- Leave the bathroom door and window open after bathing. It’ll dry the bathroom faster.
- If you have a vent fan in the bathroom try to run it so that it can reduce humidity.
- Paint the wall with glossy paint.
- You can find new caulking in the market that is mold proof with guarantee.
- Try to maintain the moisture level below 55% in your bathroom.
If you notice black spots in your caulking this could be the tip of the iceberg as to what is going on with your home. It would be in the best interest of your home and family to have a complete assessment done to determine if you have toxic mold growing . This report will determine the actions necessary to remove any mold you have.